Caramelized Peach & Ginger Cream Cheese Caramel Swirl Ice Cream

by doughmesstic on January 20, 2012

in ice cream, peaches

Yesterday was surreal, in lots of ways.  Some things, I can’t even begin to tell you.  Some things, I CAN.  Take, for example, Brandi came up for a bit and hung out.

imageThat’s not the surreal part.

The surreal part is our discussion of our upcoming cookbooks…and how they are now on Amazon, available for pre-order.

Holy ice cream cones, Batman, I had no idea.

So today I just wanted to share it with you.  All that work over 8 months is finally available for purchase, and just in time for summer. Wow.

I still can’t believe it.  Now I just hope it actually sells more than 12 copies.  Shooting for the moon, folks.

But, to celebrate a little, I thought I’d share this over the top Caramelized Peach & Ginger Cream Cheese Caramel Swirl Ice Cream.  I know…it’s a mouthful.  But just wait until you try it!

image

Caramelized Peach & Ginger Cream Cheese Caramel Swirl Ice Cream

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 40 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Yield: Roughly 2 Quarts

Caramelized Peach & Ginger Cream Cheese Caramel Swirl Ice Cream

Ingredients

• 16 ounces Cream Cheese
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 1 cup Vanilla Sugar (regular sugar will do)
  • 3 Ripe Peaches
  • 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
  • 1 teaspoon sweet rum
  • Caramel syrup

Instructions

1. Combine the 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar & 2 Tablespoons White sugar and sprinkle over finely chopped peaches. Place sugared peaches under broiler of oven for 7-10 minutes, until caramelized. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
  2. In stand mixer, whisk vanilla sugar, cream, milk and cream cheese together until smooth. Whisk in spices. Stir in rum and cooled peaches (and their juices) and add to ice cream machine. Follow manufacturers instructions to complete. Near end of cycle, add caramel syrup to ice cream. Freeze and enjoy!

Notes

I left skins on, and really like the consistency. You may opt to peel yours, if you choose.

imageI can’t wait to share the rest of my good news with you, except I don’t know where to even start!  So until then, I’ll share with you Miss Brandi’s Cookbook.  I fully expect our local paper to get in on this momentous occasion – 2 Cookbooks by 2 Giles County girls.  On Amazon. Wow.

That newspaper thing?  I’m just kidding.

But really,  have a great weekend, everyone!  And thanks for dropping by today!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar January 20, 2012 at 8:08 am

I need more ice cream in my life. It’s a fact.

brandi January 20, 2012 at 8:31 am

told you they were up! :) crazy.

Michele N January 20, 2012 at 9:05 am

Congrats! I may have to look into purchasing this, but do I need to give my hubby more reasons to eat and/or make ice cream? Can’t wait to hear the

Michele N January 20, 2012 at 9:06 am

Supposed to say “Can’t wait to hear the rest of the your news!” Stupid fingers. lol

Jamie January 20, 2012 at 9:46 am

Amazing! I am so excited for you! How do I get a book deal? I’d love to do one with flax seed! :)

JulieD January 20, 2012 at 10:32 am

Congrats!!! Love it!!

Lisa January 20, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Oh Congratulations, Susan!! You deserve this for all of your hard work!!! I’m so proud of you!! Hope you make the NY Best Seller list!

doughmesstic January 20, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Thank you! I feel pretty darn sure it will never make it that high…but a girl can dream! Plus, I THINK I am writing another, so we’ll see!

jo-lyn's cup cakes n' candies January 20, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Congrats!! =)

Living The Sweet Life January 20, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Congratulations on your book!! I can’t wait to purchase my copy :) – - and if that wasn’t good enough – - this ice cream OHHHHHHMMMMYYYYWOOORDDYUUUMMM. Yep, it sounds THAT yum!!

Tina January 24, 2012 at 10:57 am

I am sooo happy for you! I’m going over to Amazon right now to pre-order my copy! Also, I have to remember to put my ice cream attachment for my mixer back into the freezer, so I can try this recipe! To think of all the times over the last couple of years when you were doubting yourself; I always knew you could do amazing things! Now, how long are you going to keep us waiting for the rest of your news???