Barbeque Pork. Nachos. Cheesy, starchy, goodness.
Sure, you could have the regular old nachos for your Superbowl party, but imagine serving up a bowl of THIS.
Chips made from deep fried wontons, piled high with spicy pork barbeque, tomatoes, cilantro, and a decadent pepperjack cheese sauce.
You’ll never look at nachos the same way again.
Luckily for you (and for me), when I was first served these nachos at The Greenbrier, I asked the chef for the recipe. And he shared! It’s terribly simple, quick to to put together, and the ultimate in delicious.
Barbeque Pork and Wonton Nachos
- 1 pack refrigerated wonton wrapper, cut in half diagonally
- Oil for frying
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 cups pork barbeque
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups pepperjack cheese, shredded
- hot sauce, to taste
- Heat oil to 350 in heavy bottomed pot or deep fryer. Fry wonton wrappers a few at a time, until crispy. Remove from oil to bowl or plate lined with paper towels. Blot dry.
- In medium saucepot over low heat, bring heavy cream to a simmer. Add pepperjack and stir until smooth. Add in dashes of hot sauce until desired amount of heat is achieved. Remove from heat.
- To serve, pile several wontons onto a plate. Top with some pork, tomatoes, cheese sauce and cilantro. Repeat. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Owned by Susan Whetzel, www.doughmesstic.com
Be sure to come back tomorrow – I have a new Popover recipe – and man is it ever good! Best yet? Maybe!!